Saturday, June 19, 2010

Margarita Slush

My brother and sister-in-law gave me this recipe last year.  It is so refreshing on a warm summer day!  My husband and I turned our deck into a biergarten after a European trip a few years ago.  One of the "take aways" from visiting Europe was how great it is to eat and drink outside.  Our European friends are on to something (and always have been).  We don't drink beer, but we drink pretty much anything else.  This is one to sip in our "biergarten."  I hope that you take the time to make your own outdoor space a special part of your home.

5 cups water
1/2 cup sugar

Mix water and sugar in saucepan and boil on stove for about 10 minutes to dissolve sugar. Let cool.

12 ounces orange juice concentrate
12 ounces limeade concentrate
1 cup tequila
1 cup triple sec
Graf’s 50/50 soda

Mix all together with cooled water and sugar. Freeze in 1/2 gallon container.

When you want a cool drink on a warm night, mix one half slush to one half 50/50 soda. Stir. Really, really good!

This was in Riquewihr, France.

This was my lunch on that day--quiche.


1 comment:

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

No commas, so I assume spinach cheese bread that is on your menu plan for today is in fact...

bread with spinach and cheese... hope to see this on your blog soon