Saturday, June 26, 2010

Coffee Klatch - Dog Wars

We have many non-human members in our family.  Altogether we've had:
  • 3 dogs
  • 4 cats
  • 1 horse
  • 2 hermit crabs
  • 2 guinea pigs
  • 4 hamsters
Our newest member, a German Shepherd/Husky puppy named Nikita joined the family last Friday.  Our current Alpha, a three-year-old American Eskimo named Vail was really pissed less than enthused.  I've been watching Dog Whisperer all week and have determined that Vail is suffering from an anxiety disorder and we have done a very poor job being the pack leader in our menagerie.  Armed with all kinds of great tidbits from Cesar Millan, we have been working on changing Vail's status to bottom of the pack heap.  You know what?  He likes it there.  Thank you Cesar! 
Vail in Snowmass, Colorado.

My daughter and I are in training wars to see which of our dogs will be the smartest, cleverest, most well-behaved canine.  I showed her this video sent to me by my alert brother.  This will be Vail and me within 6 months. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZNtiqK2wPM&feature=channel

1 comment:

Snooty Primadona said...

I always crack up over *Dog Whisperer* because it makes me see how badly we always screwed up our dogs. What made us think we could raise normal children into adults? Somehow, God took pity on us & let them be fairly normal, LOL!

But seriously, this is almost like with children. Why isn't it okay to be at the lower end of the chain? Too many Chiefs & not enough Indians is never a good thing, right?

I commend you for allowing your handsome Vail to be who he is!